The method I practice is based on a number of therapeutic approaches, including Mindfulness, Systemic Therapy, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis.
At the heart of my therapy is an analysis and understanding of each individual situation: your personal history, perception of your own body and how you believe others see you.
This understanding is then applied to an in-depth and rational analysis of the eating behaviour:
- What do you eat, how much, at what time of the day, after which event, in what context?
- How do you eat? Too fast, without fully appreciating or identifying what you consume?
- How do you feel when you think about eating and when you are actually eating?
- After eating, do you feel satisfied and content or do you feel guilty and stressed?
- How does this affect the way you look at yourself?
- How does this affect the way you feel others see you?
Together we analyse the often unconscious reasons why you carry excess weight. For example to:
- Protect yourself from the desire of others.
- Maintain a negative self image.
- Manage your anxiety, soothe your emotions.
- Being faithful to an intergenerational pattern.
Gaining awareness of these issues is crucial in order for you to finally get out of this toxic mode.